Tuesday, July 21, 2009

An East Tennessee Weekend



i don't think i have taken advantage of east tennessee as much as i did this past saturday.  my friends hallie and jess spent the night at my house in maryville on friday night.  we ate dinner at los amigos...yum...and had a movie night with my mom.  i have never heard jess and my mom laugh as hard as they did.  we woke up saturday and went hiking.  it was an absolutely beautiful day to hike the chimneys.  we researched it before we left and everything talked about how strenuous of a hike it was.  this made us a little nervous, but how bad could it possible be?  well let me tell you now from experience it is strenuous! at one point i thought to myself...why did i think this would be fun?  could i have been more negative...i think not!! my mind quickly changed as we made it to the top for a little devotion and sweet girl time.  here are just a couple of pictures.  more are on their way!!  

as soon as i got home from the hike i changed in my bathing suit and board shorts :) and headed out to norris lake with my young life team.  my sister went with us!   we spent the night tubing and wakeboarding.  i am still incredibly sore from the wakeboarding, but the good news is that i got up and was able to to make it outside of the wake.  it is the getting back in that is the problem.  i post a couple of pictures of tubing.  my camera died about 10 minutes after we got out on the water :o(

east tennessee was so fun and so pretty this weekend.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i miss east tennessee.. it ain't the same in florida.

-andy