Friday, December 19, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

For the past week I have been going absolutely non-stop with celebrations and Christmas festivities. It all started last Friday with a special celebration of Hallie's graduation. Yes, sweet Hallie is a college grad.  Proud of you friend! Here is a picture of us last Christmas on our way to see Chris Brown in concert!! Unforgettable memories!

Hallie, Me, Mrs. Cleckner, and Jess

Saturday night was a Christmas party with my girls and Jess's girls.  It has become a Christmas tradition to get together for a fun night of pizza, games, and caroling!  The girls dress up every year in tacky Christmas sweaters or onesies and we go caroling to our friends.  

Sunday night I gathered once again with friends to celebrate Jesus' birthday at Hallie's house.  We all made a dish for dinner.  Needless to say it was a delicious feast.  We all partnered up and and bought presents for an Angel tree.  Jess was my partner and our little angel was Gregory.  He got a two wrestling men and his very own wrestling belt.  We made ornaments and just stayed up late having fun girl talk.

Monday night I met up with my future cousin, Kristin.  We were fitted for the most comfortable and most beautiful bridesmaid dresses.  Then it was off to the mall for some Christmas shopping. 

Tuesday night, Dandy Lions Christmas party!! A long awaited night on my calendar.  It was a surprise to us what the night had in store for us.  After the shop closed, we jumped in the car and headed to dinner.  We ate at Silver Spoon.  After dinner we were given a gift certificate to my favorite store in the whole world...SEPHORA!!! I just go into my own little world in that store.  It has everything a girl loves.  Just when I thought the night couldn't get any better, we ended with a "sweet treat" at Marble Slab Creamery.  

Wednesday night, yet another Christmas party with my math friends, (they aren't just my math friends, they are real friends too) Rachel and Andy.  We went down to Market Square to do nothing other than ice skate!! So fun and pictures will be posted soon.  They are priceless.  After I retired my blades, I met up with Jess to exchange our Christmas stockings.  We opened our presents by the light of a candle and the Christmas tree as we listened to Christmas music.  We could not have had more Christmas spirit.  I love my time with Jess.  Every time I leave her, I am just reminded of how awesome it is that we can be two totally different girls with two totally different personalities, but with one common love for our Father, we have become the best of friends :o)  The night ended with spending the night my little Natalie.  She didn't cough right in my face or steal all the covers this time, but she did set the alarm for 6:50 when we didn't have to get up until 7:20.  Yes, the alarm went off every five minutes.  Most people might get annoyed at this, but it makes me laugh out loud.  Of course Nat would do something like this, and that is why I love her and her friendship so much.

Thursday was a huge and long and great day.  I got to spend the day with M-Wag, (Mark Wagner).  This doesn't happen much anymore because he lives in Seattle, Washington.  According to him, it is the best city in the world!  We drove to Nashville listening to Christmas music, listening to a sneak peak of his new cd, and listening to the Garmin speak Spanish to us. We got to Nashville and began packing up music things, like drums, speakers, stands, etc.  I felt very musical.  Then we met up with a lot of his friends from Nashville.  I got to meet a lot of new people and hear a lot about music! We ate a pizza place called Mafiosa's, delicious!  After dinner we went to the best concert ever!  It was the Andrew Peterson concert at the Ryman Theater.  There isn't much to say other than it was incredible!  It was pure joy watching and listening to people rejoicing with singing and music as they told the story of the miraculous birth of our Saviour.  After the show it was back to Knoxville.  I don't think I have even fought so hard to stay awake in my life.  I arrived back in my warm bed at 3:30 am.  Fun times!

Today I spent the whole day working at Dandy Lions.  It was crazy busy, which is great.  I even got a little surprise when little Drew Carver walked in the door.  He told me that we have baby Jesus' birthday coming up soon.  Bottom line...he is awesome.  

Huge post update! It is the most wonderful time of the year, and I want to share it all with you!!

No comments: