Friday, February 20, 2009

Over the Hill


Goodness gracious! I am overjoyed and overwhelmed by the news I am about to share with you.  Last night, Thursday night, we had Young Life club as usual, but....WE HAD 50 KIDS SHOW UP!  Yup, that's right, 50, and we all seemed to somehow fit into a tiny living room.  Not only were there 50 kids, but I would say at least 1/2 would be considered urban kids.  God is incredible. I have no other explanation of how we reach and connect with some of these kids other than Jesus.  This fills me up with joy, but overwhelms me with thoughts like:  Central club is growing, and we have no where to go!  I ask for you, my blog followers, to pray for a place to have club.  For the past couple of weeks, we have been blessed to be able to meet at the homes of our kids, but we need more room.  I couldn't think of a better pickle to be in!!  Now, I want you to meet Victoria...

She is beautiful! I have been meeting with and getting to know this sweet girl for three years.  Our friendship has definitely grown a whole, whole, whole lot.  Vic is precious to me because honestly, I see a lot of who I was in high school in her.  She is blessed with an unbroken home, unlike many of my girls.  Her parents love her dearly, but yet she still seems to be searching for more love...the love that only Jesus can give her.  It has taken a long time for us to really get to know each other.  I am just now getting little glimpses of what is going on in her heart.  I want Vic to know that she is precious and beautiful.  I want her to be confident in who she is because she was "fearfully and wonderfully" made.

*By the way, I wrote this on Friday, but for some reason did not publish it! Technology....*

1 comment:

Joy said...

wooooooooooo hooooooooooo for tons o kids!!! God is GREAT ... and your funny skits are a small part too, I am sure.