Sunday, February 15, 2009

Windy Gap...Doctor Style

Jess and I with our girls this fall at Windy Gap
About 11:30 p.m. last Thursday night I received a phone call from my dear friend Jessica.  Jessica is on my Young Life team and my best friend.  She couldn't be more opposite than me, so when people realize how close we are they laugh a lot.  We are a perfect balance!  Anyway, she called me Thursday night screaming and so excited that she couldn't say anything.  After a couple of screams, she hung up.  We had talked earlier about going up to Windy Gap, a Young Life camp in North Carolina for the Tennessee Region Leadership Weekend, but we didn't think there was going to be enough room for me.  She was going up with our friend Mckenzie  because Mckenzie was going to be the "doctor" for the weekend and Jess her "family."  After that short conversation, I knew I was going.  She did call me back later, after she had calmed down a bit.  We went to the Central basketball game with our Young Life team and then headed up to the Gap on Friday night!  The weekend was so fun.  I got to see faces of friends I do not usually see because they are in another area other than Knoxville.  It also felt very funny to be at a camp not running around with high school girls, but I loved it!  We had talks of God's love that hit home and were incredible reminders and pictures of just how much I am loved and adored by my Heavenly Father.  We also made history on Saturday night at Windy Gap.  It was the first time ever that a live band came up and played in the dining hall.  We danced the night away.  It was also pretty incredible to look out over the club room and realize how different each and every one of us looked and acted, but we were all there for the same purpose:  to love because He first loved us!  It was a perfect Valentine's Weekend with many special valentines in my life.

No comments: