Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Love to be Little

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another-and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
Hebrews 10:24,25

Tuesday nights mean sleepover with a little house guest named Natalie! Last night when she came over, I opened the door to find that we were wearing the same exact outfit.  We both ran in the Jingle Bell 5K run together last year.  It was a bitter sweet time between us.  Nat is quite the runner, and let's just say I try!  This little girl is about the closest thing you can get to me without actually being me.  There is no doubting that our friendship was orchestrated and formed by Jesus.  The way He has planned our lives has just been made for us to be together to spur each other toward love and goodness. Even though our busy lives go in opposite directions most of the time, our time together spent encouraging, crying, laughing, learning, and celebrating is too valuable to give up!  We are finding that as we grow up we are learning a lot of the same lessons as we face the same trials and obstacles.  How sweet of Jesus to give me a friend other than Him to hold hands with as I grow up and live a life the way He has planned for me! 


1 comment:

cara said...

you have no idea how much the makes me miss ya'll!!!!!