Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to School Blues

Here is a picture update....

Brand New Mommy!!! KatalleyGomez and Baby Sebas pictured above.  The club made a cookie visit to the Gomez household this past week to see the little family.
This is a little embarrassing to admit, but this was the first diaper I have ever changed.  
It went great.
My Young Life Girls and I celebrated the New Year with lunch at Wok Hay.
I love that they love my favorite place.  We are a perfect match!


Tomorrow starts the Spring 2009 semester at the University of Tennessee, which means I will be back to the uncomfortable desk chairs, countless hours in Hodges Library, and sore legs from walking numerous steep hills and steps (more than likely in the pouring rain).  So instead of this dreary and negative attitude I have had  lately about tomorrow, I am going to point out some positives that tomorrow might hold....
1) First day of my last undergraduate semester of college
2) Who knows, I could make all A's this semester...is it bad that I dream of making all A's?!
3) No stress, it's the first day of class!
4) New friends could be made
5) I will get to see all my old friends
6) First day of school always requires a cute outfit
7) 118 days until I will be an official mathematician...that could be scary to all the other mathematicians in the world.  I hope they welcome me with open arms...

I will stop there...7 is a lucky number?!  But, above all this I am really excited to see and discover each day what Jesus has in store for me.  Reflecting over the past 3 1/2 years here at UT, He couldn't have a more evident presence in my life.  I couldn't be more thankful.  Hard classes, Central High School YoungLife, friendships, you name it...He intentionally planned for me to experience to grow closer to Him.  I couldn't be more thankful.  So, who knows what great things He has intentionally planned for this semester.  I'm sure I will keep you all updated! 


1 comment:

cara said...

steph, it is not weird to wish for all a's...remember that i wished for it as i blew out my birthday candles on that yummy cake you made me! you can do it!!