Thursday, June 4, 2009

it hurts so bad but feels so good at the same time..May 23, 24 2009

This is how you brush your teeth when you are on a bus for 36 hours
First club, front row, no excuses!
These girls had bruises from fighting for the front row in club...that is heart!
They gave me polka dots for my war paint...they know me too well
Fighters

FROTIER RANCH 2009!!! There are really no words to even describe the week, but I will try to give a little description of the best week of my life.  Where to begin...how about 9:00 am, Kmart parking lot, Knoxville, TN.  Me and 4 bus loads of high school kids eagerly throw our very large and heavy luggage under the bus and climb aboard a bus, a bus where we would spend the next 26...no, no, no, make that 36 hours of our lives!  Before we even pull out of the parking lot we are delayed because of a bus breakdown!  After a tune up to one of the buses we hit the road.  We make it to Clarksville for lunch.  Arby's was on the menu!  Market Fresh sandwiches...yum!  After lunch and we continue on our trek to Colorado...no, no, no to Sam's parking lot for 3 1/2 hours!  Yes, our bus broke down again.  We slept, ate gummy bears, read Twilight, played mind games until we finally got a new bus.  Finally, we were on our way.  By about 10 we arrived in St. Louis and ate a Chick fil a dinner under the Arch.  It was awesome.  I still can't get over that people can go inside of it.  I don't know if I could handle such a little space.  When we got back on the bus it was time to sleep...on a charter bus.  This means brushing your teeth with a water bottle and a trash bag, not washing your face, soft clothes are the clothes you have been wearing all day, an ipod, blanket, and seat partner, and a Benedryll.  Believe it or not, I did fall asleep.  When I woke up we were even closer to Frontier and I could barely hold in my excitement.  Traveling on the second day was more fun because of the scenery outside of the bus window.  I am still amazed at the mountains that I saw.  They are beautiful. If I haven't talked to you in person already, the next time we talk I will probably try to convince you to go see these awesome mountains.  We arrive in Buena Vista...love this town...for lunch.  Next stop...finally Frontier.  We drive up the mountain and pull down the hill into the center of camp and there is cheering and screaming and yelling and just a huge celebration going on...WE MADE IT!! CAMP HAS BEGUN!! They work crew welcomes us and carries our luggage to our rooms.  This was a great part of camp for me because my bag was twice the size of me.  We get settled in and start exploring camp.  I would try to describe but I am still in awe.  That night was our first leader meeting, our first yummy camp food, our first club, our first cabin time, and the OBSTACLE COURSE.  We ended the night painted up and screaming like crazy as Jess and I let our girls lead us and protect us as we went through an obstacle course through camp with no lights.  They loved it.  The night ended in going down the slide into the pool and sprinting back to the cabin to try and warm up!!  Awesome first two days...more to come!!!

1 comment:

Joy said...

I wish I were a fly on the wall...even for the bus ride!