Wednesday, June 17, 2009

it hurts so bad but feels so good at the same time...May 27

View from the top of the mountain we climbed on our hike!
DAY FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not believe we had made it this far in the week, and I could not believe that before the day was up I would have completed the ropes course. I was nervous all day. My girls are all about adventure, and I am all about staying safely on the ground. They were super pumped about the ropes course, and I appeared to be! On the inside I was FREAKING OUT!!!! In the end all of us loved it. I can't believe I said it, but I said that I wanted to do it again!! You take a little different perspective of fear when you are walking beside one of your high school friends. We also took a "little" hike on day four. My girls were born for adventure, so they loved it!! It was the hardest one mile hike of my life. The air is so thin, and I would get sooo out of breath. It was worth it after the hike when I had one on one time with Jane. She told me that she would never ever forget the hike, the pretty view, the speaker telling us that God made the mountains and everything we saw on the hike and said that it was good, and that God made us and said that it was VERY good. Jesus whispered to Jane just how much she He loves her on that breathtake hike...unbelievable!! I also got the opportunity to hold Haley's hand the whole way up and down the hike. Haley was in a horrid car crash last year. It is a miracle that she is here today and able to take this hike. It was so sweet to my heart to watch her make it to the top and see the glory of God all around. It was a sweet day four at Frontier Ranch!

No comments: