Saturday, April 4, 2009

April...the best time of the year

I absolutely love the month of April. I love that I feel that Spring has finally arrived. I love that I have a friend's birthday to celebrate every couple of days through out the month. I love that I can study outside, I can walk outside, I can ride my bike outside, I can eat outside at restaurants, I just can be outside and it feels great! I love that school is almost over. I love that we get new Young Life teammates. I love that is is National Mathematics Eduation Month. Goodness, I love April! Here are some updates as to what has gone on so far this April.

April 1. I am pleased to share with you that no one was successful in fooling me this year. I watched American Idol. This is my new favorite obsession. I am making time for this delightful show this season. Kris Allen melts my heart. I found out that one of my Young Life girls can go to camp! She didn't think she would be able to go because of cheerleading, but her mom said she could fly home a day early. Thank you Jesus! Now, we just have to find a cheap airplane ticket!

April 2. We had club this Thursday. Two of my sweet girls came. We acted like we were the only three at club...just crazy!

April 3. What a great day. I started off early in the morning at Alcoa Middle school were my patience was tested. Not only that but an 8th grader asked me for my number. No, I did not give it to him. Before I headed back to campus I stopped by Dandy Lions to see Joy and Baby C. Goodness what a way to start your day with those two pretty girls. I rushed back to school to in nervous anticipation to find out what I made on a math test. I was worried that this test might cause me to stay at the University a little longer than intended. But no need to worry, the teacher curved and graded easy...I AM GOING TO GRADUATE! To finish a great day, I pick my friend Jessica up with sunflowers and took her on a surprise birthday date. She loves peanute butter and apples, so I made her peanut butter at the Fresh Market. She loves to read, so we took a trip to the bookstore to pick out a new book. We then headed back to the Fresh Market to make our own sandwiches for dinner. We were running out of time, so we had a picnic in my car before we headed to the Young Life house to meet Central's new team members. There we met Nicole, Jenna, and Zach. We ate ice cream and got to know each other. So fun to see such excitement!

April 4. The day is not over yet, but it began working at Dandy Lions this morning. I had a couple fun visitors. First Caroline came to pick up her locket. Then my two roommates stopped in to see me and the store. After they left I looked up to see my sister and then M-Wag walk through the door. Total surprise!!! Loved working today...well I love working there everyday ;o). I came home and took a nap! I have been waiting for this nap all week!

So, there you go. April is a great month. More to come I am almost positive!!

1 comment:

Dustin, Caroline and Taylor said...

Thanks for making my day happier too :)