Tuesday, April 28, 2009

oh, to go to the prom again...







This past weekend was Central High School's prom.  Jess, Nic, Carson and I went over to watch some of our friends take pictures.

Prom...
The word just makes me giggle.  I think back to when I went to prom in high school and have so many different emotions.  
First Place Prom:  I was a lucky sophomore girl that was asked to the Junior/Senior prom.  Mark Wagner took me as his date.  The dress was a pink princess dress borrowed from a friend that I had always dreamed of wearing one day.  Looking back on pictures...the dress was cute, but my hair?! who knows!!  I got to spend most of the night with Mark, my sister and the rest of their friends.  I thought I was too cool!  I remember leaving from this prom early because Mark was singing at the post-prom party at school.  Yes, I went to prom with a rock star.

Second Place Prom:  My senior prom.  Andrew Southwood asked me to our senior prom after an assembly on the "M" in the middle of the basketball court (this makes me think of something that would happen in High School Musical).  My dress....YIKES!  It was a little less conservative to say the least.  I like to think of it as my rebellious stage in high school...maybe?  Loved my hair because it was simple.  I still didn't have my ears pierced, so you better believe I wore come clip-ons with bling!  My favorite part about this prom was the after party at my house!

Third Place Prom:  This award goes to my junior prom.  There isn't too much to say about this prom.  I didn't really even know my date.  I kinda got asked because I didn't have a date (my boyfriend from another school had a baseball game) and he didn't have a date,  so it made sense for us to go together, right?  He was a really nice gentleman to me that night.  I got to ride in an Escalade, and then I hung out with my friend Meghan Cox...in the bathroom pretty much the whole time.....who was I?!?!

I hope you enjoy getting a peak into what I was like in high school.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Do we get to see pics??? That would be icing on the cake!!

Anonymous said...

just wanted to say it made my day that you are friends with reality steve. love you! laura