Saturday, April 18, 2009

Total Geek

This Thursday my friend Rachel and I (pictured below) attended the Honors Day for the Department of Mathematics.  Now before you start to think that we may have been awarded a grant for research in Mathematics, or an award to help me pursue a further education in Mathematics, I will tell you that my award was for Mathematics education.  In my eyes, this is just as distinguished and important because without me the very smart people that are getting all the smart awards and winning all the Putnam and Mathematical Modeling competitions wouldn't be receiving such honorable awards.  I will say being in the presence of such intelligence was interesting and funny.  I wish you all could experience it with me!

Rach and I with our award

After the awards ceremony, I headed out to the last thirty minutes of club.  It was a small club.  We were going up against a baseball game and a chorus concert.  Chorus is HUGE at Central.  This surprises me about Central, but most everything at the school surprises me.  In this picture is Abbie (left) and Taylor (right).  Abbie is signed up for camp and ready to go! Taylor is not.  Goodness, I cannot tell you how many conversations I have with this girl about camp.  Here's the deal.  She wants to go, but cheerleading camp is in the way.  Her mom...awesome...said to her that if she wanted to go she could and that she would find a way to fly her home one day early.  Taylor is nervous about the flight messing up and getting in trouble with the coach if she were to be late.  I understand, but honestly this frustrates me.  So I ask you, pray that Tay's worries about the flight fade, pray that she hears Jesus calling her and changing her heart about this decision, she may not even know who it is yet!  We have all the arrangements for her to get home, now she just has to say yes!!


3 comments:

Joy said...

HOT DOG! Any kind of AWARD is HUGE! You worked hard, were noticed, and then CHOSEN -- this is GREAT, steph!

Congrats to the smartest lady I know!

Wes Cochrane said...

That is an awesome picture of you and your girls! Looks like a professional took it! But I'm sure all will work out with Taylor and about Central; it never ceases to amaze me

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, some of my favorite people- how good looking you three are!